Archive for October, 2008
We’re getting excited about the upcoming Recruiting Roadshow in Silicon Valley. It’s on October 23rd at Adobe Headquarters in San Jose.
Register Here (It’s free) Includes Schedule and Directions
The presenters will include
- John Sumser on Demographic Change “Spiky and Flat”
- Don Ramer On Why Recruiting Matters
- Nicole Bodem St Martin on SEO Recruiting
- A Panel Of Sourcing Wizards including Dan Harris, Chris Murdock and Mark Tortorici
Here’s the story on the panel:
Sourcing: Best Techniques From The Pros
Come join us for a panel discussion with some of the top sourcers in the Silicon Valley. Topics will include:
- What it’s like to source in the Bay Area. Issues that staffing departments face in these tough economic times. How to find the right candidates in a pool that is ever-shrinking.
- Advanced sourcing techniques, search tips and tools that are easily explained. Go beyond the job boards that every recruiter uses. Advanced search strings for resumes, social network searches, sourcing candidates from usergroups & associations, software and browser tools that will save you extra steps in your search.
- Live search exercises using audience job requisitions. Question and answer session.
- Panel members are Chris Murdock (Executive Sourcer at Yahoo), Dan Harris (Sourcer at Netapp), and Mark Tortorici (Sourcer Training Manager at Duran HCP).
Presentation Description – As a recruiting professional whether you’re using search engines like Google, professional networks liked LinkedIn or social networks like Facebook, you’re using keywords everyday to find candidates. These same candidates are using keywords to look for jobs, in fact millions of job related searches are done monthly on search engines, job boards, job aggregators and other web properties. Learn how to take advantage of this talent opportunity without hiring an expert.
Nicole is the director of search marketing at her company. With almost 7 years of search marketing experience, she has consulted in the areas of PPC, SEO, usability, visitor experience, website design and corporate career site & job content optimization. She is a contributing author at CorporateWebsite.com and has authored many search marketing articles including the HR Search Marketing Blog that regularly covers SEO and marketing issues as they relate to the recruiting space. Nicole has spoken at search industry events including Search Marketing Strategies. (SES)
About Nicole Bodem-St Martin
It’s been a whirlwind since the highly successful Dallas Roadshow Last week. The RecruiterGuy offers a great recap.
Here are the materials:
- John Sumser’s Introduction and Presentation (Spiky and Flat)
- Jeff Kaye’s Presentation: Next Level Strategy for a Next Level Workplace
- Hank Stringer’s materials from Excellence in Search Relationships
- Dennis Smith’s delightful package Social Recruiting