Archive for the ‘Cleveland’ Category
Tuesday the 29th, the Roadshow rolled into Cleveland. Over 100 Recruiters had the opportunity to network and learn. Everyone walked away excited and refreshed.
The event was made possible by the investment of several sponsors:
- Arbita, the Minneapolis based Internet Recruiting Powerhouse, is a staunch supporter who underwrites the Roadshows with cash, development and logistics support. There would be no Roadshow without them.
- The event was held on the wonderful campus of Main Sequence Technologies who produce the amazing PCRecruiter. They are sponsoring the next several Roadshows as well.
- Zoom Info is our partner in marketing as well as a committed sponsor of the Roadshows. Their tool gives Recruiters access to millions of passive candidates.
- Recruitingblogs.com is the official online community of the Recruiting Roadshow. Jason Davis’ sprawling community is a place for Recruiters to help each other.
Please take a moment to visit them and thank them for supporting these fre events.
Content at the Cleveland Roadshow consisted of five modules. These links will take you to a pdf copy of the presentation materials,:
- The Introductions and Networking Exercise John Sumser Introduced the day. Marty Snyder welcomed the audience, delivering an eloquent presntation on the importance of community in Recruiting. Sumser ran a networking exercise that encouraged all the participants to interact with each other.
- Joel Cheesman opened the morning of presentations with marketing in a web 2.0 world. As you’d expect, Joel’s self-deprecating style was the gateway to a broad introduction to web 2.0 tools. The audience was delighted and energized as the consequence of Joel’s talk.
- Arbita‘s CEO, Don Ramer, offered a talk on Internet Recruiting: Past, Present and Future. A mesmerizing speaker, Ramer worked the audience through the implications of a proactive future where collaboration and interdependence define Recruiting.
- Trends in Background Checking was the subject of Jason Morris’ presentation. The world is changing and, according to JAson, background checking is ever more important.
- After Lunch, John Sumser closed the day with Multigenerational Recruiting, a discussion of demographic dynamics that are driving cultural change.
I’ll tell you more about Cleveland in the coming days.
Technology and a faster than ever pace have made recruiting a complex business to stay ahead of. Add to this a changing business environment, changing candidate behaviors, changing workplace values and so on, and it becomes easier to understand why many good recruiters feel overwhelmed.
Having access to people who are experts in the areas of technology, workforce issues and talent acquisition is a good thing. Having those people available to you in your local community, easily accessible is better. Being connected with them personally as part of your local network is ideal.
The Recruiting Roadshow is designed to do all that for you, and more.
My name is John Sumser and I invite you to join me with the area’s brightest minds for a solid half-day of learning, community and networking:
- Joel Cheesman, author, publisher and Internet recruiting marketing guru will share practical ways to make the most of your recruiting online.
- Jason Morris, staffing expert will be answering your questions on the next generation of employment screening practices and helping you understand what it means for your recruiting today.
- Don Ramer, industry thought leader and rainmaker will talk on the implications for recruiting and social networking as ‘transformational’ forces in the recruiting process.
- I will lead the session on multigenerational recruiting and surviving the shifting recruitment landscape, the networking exercises too.
Tuesday, April 29, 2008
8:30 am – 2:30 pm
Includes, breakfast, light lunch and networking
Main Sequence Technologies Campus
4420 Sherwin Road, Willoughby, OH 44094
Your ticket for admission, refreshments and learning has been covered in-full by the generous giving of our sponsors: Arbita, PC Recruiter, RecruitingBlogs.com, and ZoomInfo. Please visit them online.
When you register, please let us know if you have any special needs, questions, thoughts or comments.
See you at the Roadshow!
The Recruiting Roadshow™ is coming to Cleveland on April 29th. The free half-day event will be held on the campus of Main Sequence Technologies in the town of Willoughby (here’s a map). A light breakfast and lunch are a part of the offering. Seating is limited and advance registration is required. (Register here)
The Recruiting Roadshow™ delivers continuing education for Recruiters. All Recruiting Roadshow™ events are free, sponsored by companies who are committed to improving the industry.
The goal of a Recruiting Roadshow™ is to help Recruiters harness the resources available in their own neighborhoods. Through a combination of structured networking exercises and topical content, the events strive to create a sense of community.
Many of the participants in the Roadshow events are also visible in online communities for Recruiters. The Recruiting Roadshow™ attempts to integrate online and offline community. We believe that it takes a combination of the two (physical and online) to make a community that really works.
John Sumser, the founder of the Recruiting Roadshow™, will address the demographic changes that are shaping the workplace.
A special guest will round out the foursome.
Again, seating is limited and advance registration is required. Look here for more info.